21 Aug 2011

Some of my Grandmother's hidden treasures

An Oscar Baeckman from 1964 - I find it similar to the Chanel style and is similar to this piece Ive added below from Spring 2011.

 


A 1970s Karlinda dress and coat set from London which my mum wore when she was younger.

A classic Jaeger coat which my Grandmother wore in 1966. It was fascinating to see how the logo has changed from looking at the label.

These clutch bags are from the 1920s which belonged to my great-Grandmother which she matched to her outfits to go to the Opera's. The black clutch is made of suede fabric with mini golden metallic strips to hold the flap down and it has its own mini coin purse. The blue one is made of silk and is hand made by my great-Grandmother - she was a very skilled seamstress.

No comments:

Post a Comment