28 Aug 2011

French Connection Advert for their new Autumn/Winter Collection


When I first saw this advert it made me think of a horror movie due to the dark, eerie settings, quick image changes and no real idea what is going on. It reminds me of the video tape in 'The Ring' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298130/. I find it very odd and confusing as the images are very random and does not make it clear what this advert is actally about. However, on the other hand I find it quirky and unique, and it certainly stays in your memory. When I watch adverts I always try and make out what their product is before they say at the end to see if their advert actually works, and I was not able to with this advert BUT it is one of those few that are still remembered because they are very weird...Also similar to Cadbury adverts - Gorilla playing the drums...Really?!?! But it is effective and very popular! They are the adverts that are mostly remembered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment