11 Jan 2012

NYLON Magazine Photoshoot








This was a Uni project for one of my modules in my first term of my second year which I am currently in. This project involved us researching a magazine thoroughly and considering all its aspects in order to carry out your own photoshoot that would appeal to the magazine. The theme of the shoot was diversity in relation to the All Walks campaign where they are encouraging more diverse models to be used. I thoroughly enjoyed this project as I had to study and research my subject which was 'shortness', looking into average heights of models and what was considered 'short' in model terms. It was difficult at first as you have to be careful to not be unethical and the photoshoot had to express 'shortness'. So I ended up using one large piece of clothing in each shot in order to show my model's petite height, however, I additionally used clothes that flattered her figure to illustrate that she was model material and did look good! I wanted to encourage a happy appearance within my photoshoot to show that my model was enjoying herself and that she was confident, thus hopefully  presenting 'shortness' in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment