16 Jan 2012

Ladybird Trend A/W 2012/13








This was a recent project where I had to find a trend for autumn/winter 2012/13 and adapt it to a client - in this case it was Miss Selfridge. I chose the 'Ladybird' trend which is a highly feminine, flirty and sophisticated trend that is very suitable to the Miss Selfridge style. It involves many feminine silhouettes such as the puffball and peplum, as well as pretty pastel colours and of course the famous polka dot/dog-toothed prints. The twist with this trend is that it mixes many different elements such as colour and fabric especially, from dark leathers to light coloured silks. To make this trend my own I involved faux fur, faux bird feathers, gold foil-like fabric and for the polka dot print I chose to use dalmatian print as a more newer and more interesting print.

No comments:

Post a Comment